Atos has introduced its new ‘5Guard’ security offering for organizations looking to deploy private 5G networks as well as telecom operators seeking to enable integrated, automated, and orchestrated security to protect and defend their assets and customers.
With customers looking to improve their 5G security posture, Atos’ offering aims to assist organizations in identifying risks and developing an end-to-end security strategy to protect critical business and data and accelerate their digital transformation.
Zeina Zakhour, VP & CTO of Digital Security at Atos stated, “While 5G can be a game-changer for organizations, we want them to be able to streamline their security deployment and configuration process in their specific 5G environment.
Our 5Guard cutting-edge offering represents our commitment to providing the highest level of security for organizations looking to deploy private 5G networks and for telecom operators.”
Atos’ 5Guard offering includes:
- Through Atos’ consulting capabilities, assist in defining a 5G security strategy. Atos assists clients in assessing their systems, designs, and architectures, and then provides strategic recommendations based on the security capabilities of the infrastructure, architecture, and components, in accordance with security standards, frameworks, and regulations. Atos’ strategic recommendations address customers’ business requirements based on risk tolerance.
- 5G data and network security solutions to address identified risks and security gaps, leveraging best-of-breed 5G security vendors and Atos’ proprietary technological building blocks.
- Atos’ product portfolio includes encryption solutions (Trustway); identity and access management software; public critical infrastructure solutions (IDnomic); and the Atos Managed Detection and Response (MDR) platform, which strengthens 5G network elements, applications, and workloads security by detecting and responding to potential threats in real-time.
- Fortinet’s 5G security solutions provide comprehensive security for user and control planes, application and platform protection, exposure security, and multi-tenant security.
- 5G security operations for multi-cloud security, detection, and response, and 5G network security, based on Atos managed security services.
For organizations looking to deploy fully featured and secure 4G LTE and 5G private networks, 5Guard can also be integrated with Atos’ private secure radio network system, Lifelink.
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet commented, “We are delighted to collaborate with Atos in delivering their ‘5Guard’ 5G security offering. Fortinet solutions provide cybersecurity capabilities for private and public 5G networks and services and enable greater trust and compliance. By interfacing with Atos’ managed security services, we provide a comprehensive solution that protects 5G networks, 5G-enabled industrial environments, and 5G services, for the benefit of the ecosystem.”