Fortinet launched FortiSP5, the most advanced ASIC technology, to significantly advance the security of distributed network edges.
FortiSP5 offers secure computing power advantages over traditional CPU and network ASICs, lower cost and power consumption, and the ability to enable new secure infrastructure across branches, campuses, 5G, edge computing, operational technologies, and more. This is built on more than 20 years of ASIC investment and innovation from Fortinet.
Ken Xie, Chairman of the Board, and CEO at Fortinet stated, “With the introduction of FortiSP5, Fortinet once again sets new industry records for performance, cost, and energy efficiency. As the only cybersecurity vendor leveraging purpose-built ASICs—an over 20-year investment in innovation—Fortinet delivers the secure computing power that will support the next generation of secure infrastructure.”
Fortinet FortiSP5 offers the following to its application-specific design and embedded multi-core processors, which hasten the convergence of networking and security functions:
- Performance of the firewall is 17 times faster than that of the top standard CPUs.
- Performance of the leading standard CPUs is 3.5 times slower than that of the next-generation firewall (NGFW), which can handle more traffic inspection at higher levels to find and stop threats.
- Protect sensitive data and safeguard virtual private networks with 32x faster encryption.
- 2.5 Gbps of SSL deep inspection will provide the processing power required to efficiently scan encrypted traffic for malware.
- Secure booting prevents malicious interference by only allowing operating system software that has been approved to boot up.
- To stop distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, implement volumetric DDoS protection.
- Encapsulation using VXLAN/GRE hardware acceleration to allow distributed networks to connect securely.
FortiSP5 is a fifth-generation 7-nanometer chip that offers more features in a more compact package to deliver:
88 percent less energy is used compared to the leading industry standard CPU. Industry-leading price-performance and performance per watt.